Like other social media, Instagram has rules that need to be followed when running a competition. You can run competitions for people to simply like and share your post, but there are guidelines you must follow. Here’s the quick info on…
Instagram competition rules
You must include the rules on your website with a link to your Instagram profile. These rules might include:
- Open only to over 16s living or working in Dublin
- You can enter as many times as you like
- Competition closes on XXX (date)
- Judges opinion is final
- Winners will be notified by Instagram DM
- This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram
When you publish your competition, include the link to where the rules can be found on your website in the first comment box.
Caption competition example
(This isn’t a competition, but do feel free to leave your captions in the comment box if you feel so inspired.)
To win a €25 one for all voucher, simply…
1. Like and share our post
2. Follow us
3. Share your funny caption (max 20 words) in the comments section below AND include the hashtag #AislingFoleyMktCaption
This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram.
More information on Instagram competition rules
You can follow me on Instagram if you wish and don’t forget to create a social media policy for your business.