Last updated 5 Dec 18.
All companies want to win awards. Awards provide prestige and are great for branding. They are also great for team morale and, of course, marketing. But which ones should you apply for and when are they held?
I couldn’t find a definitive list of B2B Irish technology awards, so I created one. Let me know if there are any missing and I’ll update it.
In addition to the Irish technology awards, I’ve added B2B Irish business awards and Irish marketing awards that you may also consider.
Closing dates for entries are included if available at time of posting. The month refers to the 2017 award ceremony date (unless specifically stated). As you will see, November’s the favourite! Most Irish technology awards are held in Dublin.
Irish Technology awards
- Tech Excellence – May. Open for entries 8 Feb
- Irish Tech News IoT awards – May
- Irish Internet Authority Dot ie Net Visionary – September
- Data Science – September
- Irish Tech News Fintech 20 Ireland– October
- Spiders – November
- Technology Ireland Software Awards – November
- Customer Contact Management Association – November
- Irish MedTech – December
Irish Marketing Awards
- Marketing Institute All Ireland Marketing Awards – May. Open for entries 3/12/18. Closing 7/2/19
- Media awards – April. Closing date for entries 26/2/18
- Awards for Excellence in PR – Closing date 6/3/18
- Irish Sponsorship Awards – November
- Digital Media – February 2019
Irish Business Awards
- Small Firms Association – February 2018. Shortlist chosen
- Irish Logistics & Transport – Awards 12 April. Closing date: 17 Jan 2018 (Link broken 22/7/18 so perhaps this is now gone forever – iltawards.ie)
- Business All Stars – April 2018. Register now
- Bank of Ireland Startup – May
- National Enterprise Awards – May
- Enterprise Ireland Founder of the year – June
- SME awards – September
- Enterprise Ireland Innovation Arena – September
- Women Mean Business – October
- EY Entrepreneur of the year – October – Nominations close 16/2/18
- Deloitte Fast 50 – November
- Irish Times Innovation – November
- Irish Exporters Association – November
- Image magazine Business Woman of the Year – November
Ulster Bank used to have a small business awards, but this appears to be gone and has transformed into a social network type site – Business Achievers. Bank of Ireland does “Sponsor for a day” where you can win your logo on the Munster or Leinster rugby jersey. Big Red Cloud, won it a few years ago and said it was brilliant. Business & Finance magazine also holds awards from time to time. Keep an eye on the Business2Business and Business and Finance Irish Business pages.
The Chambers of Commerce and LEOs also hold annual awards. The LEO awards can lead to the National Enterprise Awards held in May.
What have I missed? Let me know and I’ll update this page. Initial LinkedIn feedback has inspired me to create a blog detailing competitions to win investment or cash. Here’s the link.
Here’s a few more awards that have been brought to my attention since post originally published in Jan 18:
First published 5 Jan 18.