Updated 29 March 17 to reflect new LinkedIn layout (First published October 2013).
There are still a huge number of people who haven’t customised their LinkedIn profile URL yet it’s so easy and quick to do.
There is really no need to have a LinkedIn profile URL that looks like this:
LinkedIn brought in the ability to customise your user name a few years ago. In order to get a nice, easy to read (and copy) URL like this ie.linkedin.com/in/aislingfoley/ simply follow these instructions.
- Go to your LinkedIn profile
- Click on View Profile on the drop down menu under Profile
- On right click on Edit Profile
- Click on (pen) under edit public profile URL
- Type in your name – you can’t use spaces or symbols. If your name has been used in all its forms try putting your surname first, adding middle name – or even spelling it backwards. Avoid using your date of birth for security reasons.
- Click “Save”
That’s how easy it is to set your LinkedIn profile URL.
- 8 ways to increase LinkedIn connections
- How to get business from LinkedIn
- How to use LinkedIn Showcase pages
- How to get the most of LinkedIn Groups
Follow Aisling Foley Marketing on Twitter for more tips or subscribe to my newsletter below.